February 22nd, 2021
1) Today we acknowledge Jackie Robinson. He was the first African American to play in the MLB, he broke the colour line when he started on first base for the Brooklyn Dodgers.
2) Looking for adventure? The Dungeons and Dragons Club are meeting after school today in Room 106. New members welcome.
3) Hey CAVS, we are offering a great opportunity to design our CAVS button. Put your art experience into action and create an African Heritage Month button, 2 inches in size. The student body will vote on all designs submitted and a prize will be awarded for each of the top three entries. Please submit your designs to the main office by Wednesday, Feb. 24. Good luck CAVS, lets get it done!!
4) Sponsored by First Robotics Canada, the PixelPAD March Break Game Jam invites students ages 13-18 to create a game using PixelPAD’s web-based IDE that fits the central theme of the Game Jam (a themed coding hackathon) within 2 weeks. The cost is free. The registration deadline is Sunday, Feb. 28. For more information visit PixelPAD.io/gamejam. See poster on the school bulletin board.
5) This is a reminder that course selection is underway for all grade 10 and 11 students. The Class Registration option will be available on Power School up to end of day this Friday. Be sure to complete your course selection on your own, and Ms. McLean is visiting classrooms to review the process, and she will then meet with each of you in early March to review your selection and make any necessary changes.
6) Grade 12 students are reminded to check the scholarship page on the school website – it is regularly updated, and many amendments were made in the past few days.