February 24th, 2021
1) Attention teachers for attendance purposes, Bus #4203 North Preston will be late today.
2) IMPROV IMPROV IMPROV. A reminder that there is IMPROV club afterschool today from 2-3:30 in the Music room. All are welcome for fun and games.
3) Hey CAVS, we are offering a great opportunity to design our CAVS button. Put your art experience into action and create an African Heritage Month button, 2 inches in size. The student body will vote on all designs submitted and a prize will be awarded for each of the top three entries. Please submit your designs to the main office by today. Good luck CAVS, lets get it done!!
4) This is a reminder that course selection is underway for all grade 10 and 11 students. The Class Registration option will be available on Power School up to end of day this Friday. There were a few courses not listed on the course selection menus – this has been corrected and the following courses are now available for selection: Dance 11, Music 11, Communications Technology 12 and Mi’kmaw Studies 11. If you were trying to select these courses and could not find them, you can go back into your course selection and add them now.
5) Grade 12 students are reminded to check the scholarship page on the school website – it is regularly updated, and many amendments were made in the past few days.
6) There will be a girl’s rugby practice tomorrow from 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
7) Mount Saint Vincent University is moving their annual girls' conference online! Sessions include mental health and anti-racism, among others. Cis and trans girls, plus non-binary students are encouraged to attend this free event, which will take place during school hours on Friday March 5th.
Check posters around the school for details, and sign-up using the sheet on the TAP Office door, across from the Learning Centre. Space is limited and registration closes on Tuesday March 2nd.
8) NSSSA registration is extended to this Friday the 26th. Contact Hope Macpherson with any questions.
9) In girls basketball action last night, the Lady Cavs weren't so good offensively at the start of the game but they had a stifling defense to take a 27 to 2 halftime lead. With the 48-17 win over Eastern Shore, the lady Cavs remain undefeated. Again, the girls were led by London Marrioff with 18 points, Julianne Sparks with 17 and Lily Publicover with 2 points. Player of the game - Taylor Scott broke out with a very vocal game and found her groove and chipped in with 11 points. Good game girls – let’s get this title!