February 25th, 2021
1) Today we acknowledge Violet King, the first black woman to be a lawyer in Canada, as well as the first black member to the Alberta Bar. Western Law School has officially named a scholarship in her honour, the Violet King Award is granted to black students in their first year of law!
2) Tomorrow is Blackout Day! Dress in all black and head to the Cafetorium at lunch for a KaHoot!
3) Tomorrow is Day 4 (Thursday) on your schedule.
4) Choir at CHDHS is today afterschool in the music room from 2-3 p.m. All are welcome, no audition necessary!
5) This is a reminder that course selection is underway for all grade 10 and 11 students. The Class Registration option will be available on Power School up to end of day this Friday. There were a few courses not listed on the course selection menus – this has been corrected and the following courses are now available for selection: Dance 11, Music 11, Communications Technology 12 and Mi’kmaw Studies 11. If you were trying to select these courses and could not find them, you can go back into your course selection and add them now.
6) Grade 12 students are reminded to check the scholarship page on the school website – it is regularly updated, and many amendments were made in the past few days.
7) There will be a girl’s rugby practice today from 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
8) Mount Saint Vincent University is moving their annual girls' conference online! Sessions include mental health and anti-racism, among others. Cis and trans girls, plus non-binary students are encouraged to attend this free event, which will take place during school hours on Friday March 5th. Check posters around the school for details, and sign-up using the sheet on the TAP Office door, across from the Learning Centre. Space is limited and registration closes on Tuesday March 2nd.
9) NSSSA registration is extended to tomorrow. Contact Hope Macpherson with any questions.