March 9th, 2021
1) There will be a Cavs Action meeting today at lunch in room 307, it’s open to anyone!
2) Jazz Band is after school every Monday and Concert Band is after school every Tuesday. New members are welcome.
3) Hey CAVS, this week is spirit week. Today is long jump in the caf at lunch and tomorrow is liberation flag day with limbo in the caf at lunch.
4) The Best Buddies will be hosting a meeting at lunch on Wednesday in the learning centre to recruit new members. All are welcome. After lunch we will hosting a movie, games and snacks in the gym for the new recruits and members of the Best Buddies group.
5) Dalhousie University is offering a variety of free virtual programming over March Break for all High School students.
There is a Feed Your Brain Series which includes:
a. Lunch Time Laughing Yoga
b. Concentration and Memorization Workshop and a
c. Psychology and Neuroscience Activity and Lab Demo
There is also a "Tackling Global Challenges" Series which includes a series of panels where Dal grads will talk about their careers and how they're helping address issues facing our world in their industries.
You can find full event details and registration at dal.ca/futurestudents
6) Quote of the Day:
"Realize that we as human beings have been put on this earth for only a short time and that we must use this time to gain wisdom, knowledge, respect and the understanding for all human beings since we are all relatives."
- CREE PROVERB