The provincial government has created a webpage to share facts-based information about the coronavirus. This information can be found at www.novascotia.ca/coronavirus . We would encourage all families to take a moment to visit the webpage to learn more. Although the risk in Nova Scotia remains low at this time, it is flu season and health officials recommend the following routine prevention measures to stay healthy:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub when hands are not visibly soiled.
• Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. If using a tissue, immediately place it in a waste disposal and wash your hands.
• If possible, stay home when ill with acute respiratory symptoms; if this is not possible, limit close contact with others.
• Limit touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Don't share items that may have saliva on them such as drinking glasses and water bottles.
• Frequently clean surfaces like taps, doorknobs, and countertops.