2020 Grad Information
Dear Cole Harbour District High School Families,
We have been hard at work planning for a grade 12 closing event that respects the guidelines laid out by the province and provides some closure to our esteemed graduates. More details will follow, however we wanted to ensure families were given as much information as possible while we move forward. Many thanks to the students who sent in suggestions and advocated for themselves and their peers. Below are the points of information we can share at this time.
- Grade 12 students will be welcomed to CHDHS via a drive-through closing over 2 days
- Proposed dates and times are currently June 24 (A- L ) and June 25 (M-Z) beginning at 9:00 am.
- Groups will be given times by hour in the next communication in order to control traffic with RCMP support.
- Students and their support people who will not have access to a car for this drive-through are asked to contact the principal directly.
- Students will make several stops on the bus loop and will end with a stop inside one of 2 Gym entrances for a photo opportunity with a professional photographer. (more details concerning stops will be provided at a later date)
- For the safety of all and in accordance with the safety requirements of both the HRCE and the photographic company, each student can be accompanied by 4 supporters for their photograph.
- Caps and tassels have been ordered and are en route. There will be no gowns provided.
- As all stops can be made by stepping inside the building if need be, this is a rain or shine event.
- A video is currently being created for graduates. In order to share this video with all grads, we will need individual permission to include grad photos. ( A final Google Form will be sent home this week.
If you did not have a grad picture appointment with Lifetouch or you would prefer we used a different picture for the grad video, please submit a photo directly to the principal at email@example.com.
Thank you and have a good evening,