February 26th, 2021
1) Today we acknowledge John Lewis. He served as an American congressman and civil rights activist! From a young age, he devoted his time to fighting for the rights of black people across the nation.
2) There will be a Black History Month themed kahoot in the caf at lunch!
3) This is a reminder that the deadline for course selection is today for all grade 10 and 11 students. Its very important that you get this done if you have not already done so. The Class Registration option will be available on Power School up to end of today. There were a few courses not listed on the course selection menus – this has been corrected and the following courses are now available for selection: Dance 11, Music 11, Communications Technology 12 and Mi’kmaw Studies 11. If you were trying to select these courses and could not find them, you can go back into your course selection and add them now.
4) Sponsored by First Robotics Canada, the PixelPAD March Break Game Jam invites students ages 13-18 to create a game using PixelPAD’s web-based IDE that fits the central theme of the Game Jam (a themed coding hackathon) within 2 weeks. The cost is free. The registration deadline is Sunday, Feb. 28. For more information visit PixelPAD.io/gamejam. See poster on the school bulletin board.
5) In girls’ basketball action last night, our Lady Cavs clinched the Tier 2 division with a 68-21 win over Eastern Shore. Scoring was led by London Marinoff with 23 points along with 3-3 pointers.
Julianne Sparks with 21, Taylor Scott with 12 and Mon Mon chipped in with 8 points
Player of the game – Maggie “Red Bull” Lillie had 4 points and 6 steals.
The Cavs went undefeated this season, now it time to prepare for regionals. Good Job Girls – There will be a practice on Monday!